- Projects for our clients include feasibility studies, long-range planning studies, and full design services including programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, and services during construction for design/bid/build and design/build projects.
- Perform necessary engineering and design tasks to produce construction documents in conjunction with a team of engineers and designers.
- Help manage scope, budget and schedule to meet project goals.
- Coordinate and collaborate real time with other disciplines such as mechanical, structural, architectural and process to develop designs.
- Coordinate with senior engineers and designers to ensure quality electrical design, including technical accuracy, completeness, and adherence to client requirements of electrical construction documents.
- Analyze and design complex building systems, including:
- Medium and low voltage power systems
- Lighting, grounding, and process heating systems
- Standby generator and UPS systems for critical power needs
- Assist senior engineers in up front site selection and design basis activities.
- Exercise judgment in developing plans or alternatives and work with teams to assure quality plans.
- Perform field activities such as observation of construction activities.
- Review construction submittals for conformance with the intent of contract and design documents.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior electrical engineers and designers on a project-by-project basis.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum 5 years experience in engineering design of building electrical systems
- Solid working knowledge of NFPA 70 (NEC)
- Professional Engineering License or path to obtain within two years of hire
- 7-10 years experience in engineering design of building electrical systems
- Experience in design of semiconductor or other advanced manufacturing facilities
Associated topics: adapter, design, electric, electrical engineer, energy, kv, msee, power, renewable, wind